Thousands of stuffed animals donated by Peoria Police Department
PHOENIX — Some Valley kids should have a twinkle in their eye as PetSmart has teamed up with Peoria police to deliver a little joy to children this holiday season.
For the second straight year, the group has teamed up for the fundraiser that will deliver thousands of stuffed animals to needy children.
“The (fundraising event) brightens kids days and helps them cope during times of stress when police may be involved in their family life,” the department said in a press release and on their Facebook page.
“We are so thankful to have such great community and business partners.”
But it’s not too late to help.
Community members can visit two local Peoria PetSmart locations and donate money that will go toward the purchase of the stuffed animals. Customers can give $5 that will go toward the donation.
The PetSmart stores are at Lake Pleasant Parkway and Happy Valley Road and Peoria and 91st avenues.
This year’s donations allow officers to hand out the stuffed animals while on patrol in the community.
- Main Street Minute: Bashas’ plays chicken with recipe contest
- Man caught between trucks in Peoria dies at hospital
- Main Street Minute: Scottsdale gallery chosen as piano maker’s dealer
- Main Street Minute: Banner Health, Petsmart looking for new hires
- Arizona Coyotes make holiday visit to Phoenix Children’s Hospital