Buckeye mom arrested for alleged murder of 2-year-old son
PHOENIX — A 26-year-old woman has been arrested for the alleged murder of her 2-year-old son, the Buckeye Police Department announced Monday.
The department said Alyssa Pettibone was booked into the Fourth Avenue Jail in downtown Phoenix on Monday on second-degree murder charges. It is unclear if she has a lawyer yet.
The announcement comes three days after Pettibone’s 2-year-old son was found shot to death in a home near Pima Street and 230th Avenue in Buckeye.
The boy was pronounced dead on scene. His name hasn’t been released.
Pettibone was found with multiple stab wounds and was taken to a local hospital. The stab wounds are believed to be self-inflicted.
She was released from the hospital on Monday and was booked into jail shortly after.
The Buckeye Police Department said the investigation is “active and ongoing.” A possible motive for the shooting was not immediately known.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Weekend wrap-up: Biggest news stories from St. Patrick’s Day weekend
- Flake hopes Republicans would stand up if Trump fires Robert Mueller
- Tempe police: Father, son found dead inside ‘hoarding house’
- Northern Arizona cities covered in snow after overnight storm
- Meghan McCain posts another photo of her and Sen. John McCain