NORAD celebrating 62 years of tracking Santa’s yuletide journey
SALT LAKE CITY — The North American Aerospace Defense Command is celebrating the 62nd anniversary of tracking the yuletide journey of Santa.
The NORAD Tracks Santa website, www.noradsanta.org, launched Dec. 1 and features Santa’s North Pole Village, which includes a holiday countdown, games, activities and more.
The website is available in eight languages — English, French, Spanish, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese and Chinese.
Starting at 12:01 a.m. MST on Christmas Eve, website visitors can watch Santa make preparations for his flight. NORAD’s “Santa Cams” will stream videos on the website as Santa makes his way over various locations around the globe.
- Where is Santa? NORAD continues 62-year tradition on Christmas Eve
- Little girl tells Santa all she wants for Christmas is a nap in adorable video
- CitySkate in downtown Phoenix earns top recognition from Travel Channel
- Glendale Glitters to light up West Valley suburb for the holiday season
- Taste of Arizona Festival to come to Phoenix-area next month