Arizona man arrested for giving daughter gun, telling her to kill herself
PHOENIX — An Arizona man was arrested this week after he allegedly gave his daughter a gun and told her to kill herself.
According to the Mohave County Sheriff’s Office, 38-year-old Ulys Laffette Bell IV was arrested on Monday for endangerment, which is a misdemeanor, and disorderly conduct with a weapon and child abuse — both of which are felonies.
Sheriff’s deputies said a 14-year-old girl told school officials that her father “had given her a gun and told her to kill herself.” Bell allegedly gave the girl a .9 mm handgun and “told her to pull the trigger.”
Bell allegedly admitted to the offense, but said the gun was not loaded. He said he had told his daughter to do so because he had “disciplinary issues” with her.
He was arrested around 6 p.m. on Monday and was booked into the Mohave County jail without incident.
- Weekend wrap-up: Biggest news stories from St. Patrick’s Day weekend
- Flake hopes Republicans would stand up if Trump fires Robert Mueller
- Tempe police: Father, son found dead inside ‘hoarding house’
- Northern Arizona cities covered in snow after overnight storm
- Meghan McCain posts another photo of her and Sen. John McCain