Northern Arizona highway closing for winter, expected to reopen in May
PHOENIX — A highway in northern Arizona near the Grand Canyon will be closed for the winter early next week and will likely not reopen until sometime in May.
The Arizona Department of Transportation said State Route 67 between Jacob Lake and the North Rim would be closed Tuesday.
The agency does not clear snow from the road because visitor accommodations on the North Rim — including the visitors center — are closed for the winter as well.
The planned closure will come as Arizona is in the midst of a dry spell. A majority of the state has yet to receive any significant snowfall.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Arizona native David Spade to perform on Copper Blues Live opening day
- Kyrsten Sinema outraises Martha McSally in US Senate race
- Arizona man arrested after falsely claiming he killed his wife
- Political analysts split on result from McSally, Sinema debate
- Garcia would prefer technology over ‘Trump’s wall’ at US-Mexico border