Northern Arizona highway closing for winter, expected to reopen in May
PHOENIX — A highway in northern Arizona near the Grand Canyon will be closed for the winter early next week and will likely not reopen until sometime in May.
The Arizona Department of Transportation said State Route 67 between Jacob Lake and the North Rim would be closed Tuesday.
The agency does not clear snow from the road because visitor accommodations on the North Rim — including the visitors center — are closed for the winter as well.
The planned closure will come as Arizona is in the midst of a dry spell. A majority of the state has yet to receive any significant snowfall.
- Trump’s plan to seek death penalty for drug traffickers may not be effective
- Sprouts, Starbucks among stores in Phoenix mixed-use development
- Phoenix expected to reach high temperatures of 90 degrees Thursday
- Tucson girl, 14, to play in Drive, Chip and Putt contest at Masters
- Transient suspected in Phoenix homicide arrested at bus stop