Silver Alert canceled for missing Casa Grande man
PHOENIX — A Silver Alert was issued for an elderly man from Casa Grande who suffers from dementia and was last seen Sunday morning, but he has since been found, the Arizona Department of Public Safety said.
Law enforcement officials canceled a silver alert for 84-year-old Owen Beatty.
Beatty was last seen in Casa Grande around 8:30 a.m. on Sunday.
He was described as a 6-foot, 1-inch tall white man with brown hair and blue eyes.
He was last seen wearing a navy blue button-down shirt and slacks.
The department said his phone was last pinged on Carefree Highway in Phoenix at 4:07 p.m.
- Prosecutors change policy for marijuana smuggling in Arizona
- Monsoon rains flood parts of Flagstaff, high heat to return to Phoenix area
- Suspect from Phoenix officer-involved shooting in custody, police say
- Southbound I-17 reopened at Indian School Road after police incident
- Weekend wrap-up: Biggest Arizona-related stories from this past weekend