Here are some Phoenix-area restaurants to eat at on Thanksgiving
PHOENIX — Thanksgiving is just days away, which means people across Arizona are getting ready to heat up their ovens, whip up some tasty treats and eat enough to go into a metaphorical food coma.
But for those who are not planning to cook a meal big enough for a small army, there will be plenty of Phoenix-area restaurants open for the holiday.
Of course, hours and participation tend to vary by location, so make sure to call ahead of time to ensure that the restaurant will be open and able to serve you — because no one should go hungry this Thanksgiving.
According to TripSavvy, here some of the Phoenix-area restaurants that will be open on Thursday.
The McCormick Ranch Golf Club in Scottsdale will have available seating from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
The club will feature an extensive holiday buffet that will include classics like herb-roasted turkey with cranberry sauce and rosemary stuffing alongside dishes like seared salmon with horseradish parsnip puree, pomegranate, and brown butter sage.
Cave Creek’s own Cartwright’s Sonoran Ranch House will serve a Thanksgiving menu from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Thursday, which includes a trio of appetizers, an entree and a trio of desserts to make sure you leave full and happy.
LON’s At Hermosa Inn
LON’s, the upscale restaurant at The Hermosa Inn in Paradise Valley, will offer guests a three-course prix fixe meal from noon to 7 p.m.
The meal will feature “contemporary Southwestern takes on traditional holiday favorites” with dishes such as roasted apple and squash soup, roasted natural turkey and, of course, the classic pumpkin pie.
And if you decide to extend your holiday at The Hermosa Inn, you will be in good hands: The hotel was recently recognized as one of the best in the nation.
SWB Bistro at Hyatt Regency
Arizonans who are looking to feast all day long can do so at the SWB Bistro at the Hyatt Regency in Scottsdale.
The restaurant will not only offer a Thanksgiving buffet from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., but it will also offer a breakfast buffet starting at 6:30 a.m.
MATCH Cuisine and Cocktails
MATCH Cuisine and Cocktails in Phoenix is looking to take the classic Thanksgiving meal and turn it on its head.
The restaurant and cocktail bar will serve a holiday meal from 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. on Thursday, with courses that include truffled mac and cheese with welsh cheddar, black truffle, and herbed noble crumbs and an apple crisp with bourbon caramel.
Talavera at the Four Seasons Resort
Talavera at the Four Seasons Resort in Scottsdale is another high-end restaurant that will serve a Thanksgiving buffet this holiday.
The restaurant will offer a dual-level buffet from noon to 6 p.m. that will be outfitted with foods such as mushrooms with garlic confit and truffle butter, an interactive poke bar and slow roasted prime rib.
Make sure to plan ahead, though: You must make reservations if you want to indulge in these fine eats.
Another Scottsdale restaurant, Proof Canteen, will offer guests a three-course meal from 4 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. on Thursday, with a different breakfast buffet kicking off at 7 a.m.
The meal will include pumpkin and maple soup, the classic turkey or ham and a Piecaken, which is described as a “pumpkin and pecan pie baked inside a gooey maple cake topped with cinnamon buttercream.”
The Capital Grille
The Capital Grille, which has locations in Phoenix and Scottsdale, will offer a special Thanksgiving menu from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. on Thursday.
The meal will include turkey — of course — cranberry pear chutney and a pumpkin cheesecake.
The website said reservations are highly recommended, especially for the Phoenix location.
Westin Kirkland Resort
Scottdale’s Westin Kirkland Resort has a Thanksgiving buffet-style dinner from 1 p.m. to 6 p.m. on Thursday, the website said.
The resort itself will serve items that include pumpkin and lobster bisque, king red crab legs, turkey, pork loin and a variety of desserts.
But that’s not all: The Brittlebush Bar and Grill on the resort’s golf course will also offer a Thanksgiving dinner, including a stuffed turkey sandwich and sweet potato fries.
Prado at Omni Scottsdale
Prado, the restaurant at the Omni Scottsdale Resort, will serve a Thanksgiving meal from 1 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. and again from 5:30 p.m. to 8 p.m.
The meal will include roasted pumpkin soup, slow roast turkey, filet mignon, and pumpkin cheesecake with lemon frosting.
And if you are looking for some entertainment with your meal, live music will also be playing during those times.
Palo Verde at the Boulders Resort and Spa
If you want to come hungry and leave full, Palo Verde at the Boulders in Scottsdale will host a four-course Thanksgiving meal from 11:30 a.m. to 9 p.m.
But of course, there will be options for those who want to get a Thanksgiving meal while not breaking the bank.
Dozens of Phoenix-area chain restaurants will be open for the holiday, with several offering special Thanksgiving meals.
• Applebee’s: Select restaurants will offer a Thanksgiving meal that includes the classics like turkey, mashed potatoes and green beans.
• Black Angus Steakhouse: Black Angus will offer a full holiday meal for adults for $20 and $10 for children. Reservations are encouraged.
• Boston Market: The restaurant will offer a special Thanksgiving meal on Thursday that will be available in store.
• Cracker Barrel: Cracker Barrel will offer guests in-store Thanksgiving meals and meals that can be taken to go. The restaurant will start offering holiday menu on Tuesday.
• Denny’s: If you’re looking to eat at any time of the day, Denny’s will offer a turkey and dressing dinner to guests on Thanksgiving. Certain Waffle House and Ihop locations will be open as well, for those looking to feast on food all day.
• Golden Corral: The buffet restaurant will offer — of course — a Thanksgiving buffet.
• Maggiano’s Little Italy: The Italian-American dining chain will offer a four-course meal for $50 for adults and $18 for kids. You can also get a carryout package for $200.
• Romano’s Macaroni Grill: Romano’s will offer guests a three-course Thanksgiving meal for $25.
• Ruth Chris Steak House: The steakhouse will offer a three-course Thanksgiving meal for $40 for adults and $13 for children. The Scottsdale location will be open from noon to 8 p.m.
• Buca di Beppo: The Italian restaurant will offer a special Thanksgiving meal, including turkey, gravy and garlic mashed potatoes, starting at 11 a.m. on Thursday.
• Fleming’s: The steakhouse will offer a three-course Thanksgiving meal, including lobster bisque, turkey with cranberry, orange and cinnamon sauce and, of course, dessert. A reservation is recommended.
• Seasons 52: The restaurant will offer a Thanksgiving meal for $27 for adults and $13 for children. The meal will feature the classics, like turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing and pie.
• Fogo De Chão: The steakhouse will be open on Thanksgiving from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. and will even offer a special holiday menu for $60 per person. Reservations are recommended.
• Old Country Buffet: The buffet restaurant will be open from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. and will offer a Thanksgiving menu of its own.
• Chompie’s: The New York deli chain will be open until 3 p.m. on Thanksgiving. If you’re hosting a crowd for the holiday, it will offer a meal deal for $220.
- This Phoenix health clinic is a lifeline for the uninsured
- Strike a pose: Grand Canyon ranks as Arizona’s most ‘Instagrammed’ spot
- These Arizona cities are among the most deadly in the nation
- Man pleads with Sen. Jeff Flake to vote against tax bill in viral videos
- Valley Metro CEO Scott Smith to remain in position until 2020