Here are some Phoenix-area restaurants to eat at on Thanksgiving
PHOENIX — Thanksgiving is days away, which means people across Arizona are getting ready to heat up their ovens, whip up some tasty treats and eat enough to go into a metaphorical food coma.
But for those who are not planning to cook a meal big enough for a small army, there will be plenty of Phoenix-area restaurants open for the holiday.
Of course, hours and participation tend to vary by location, so make sure to call ahead of time to ensure that the restaurant will be open and able to serve you — because no one should go hungry this Thanksgiving.
According to TripSavvy, here some of the Phoenix-area restaurants that will be open on Thursday.
The McCormick Ranch Golf Club in Scottsdale will have available seating from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
The club will feature an extensive holiday buffet that will include classics like herb-roasted turkey with cranberry sauce and sage stuffing alongside dishes like candied sweet potatoes with marshmallows, blackened cod with creamed leeks and roasted butternut squash.
Price: $43 for adults, $22 for children ages 6-12
Cave Creek’s own Cartwright’s Sonoran Ranch House will serve a Thanksgiving menu from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Thursday, which includes a trio of appetizers, an entree and a trio of desserts to make sure you leave full and happy.
Price: $65 per person
SWB Bistro at Hyatt Regency
Arizonans who are looking to feast all day long can do so at the SWB Bistro at the Hyatt Regency in Scottsdale.
The restaurant will offer a Thanksgiving buffet, complete with a breakfast station for early morning eats and different stations — such as sushi, tacos and seafood — for anything your heart desires.
Price: Not listed
MATCH Restaurant and Lounge
MATCH Restaurant and Lounge in Phoenix is looking to offer guests a classic Thanksgiving meal, but with a twist.
The restaurant will serve a holiday meal from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Thursday, with courses that include roasted turkey, ham, corn bread stuffing and green beans with sea salt, almonds and butter.
Price: $35 per person
Talavera at the Four Seasons Resort
Talavera at the Four Seasons Resort in Scottsdale is another high-end restaurant that will serve a Thanksgiving meal this holiday.
The restaurant will offer a dual-level buffet from noon to 6 p.m. that will be outfitted with foods such as duck confit winter squash, a carving station with cinnamon apple and sage roasted turkey and an interactive dessert display with grilled pumpkin cake with pumpkin seed brittle.
Make sure to plan ahead, though: You must make reservations if you want to indulge in these fine eats.
Price: $115 per adult, $48 for kids ages 5-12
Another Scottsdale restaurant, Proof Canteen, will offer guests a three-course meal from 4 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. on Thursday, with a different breakfast and brunch buffet kicking off at 7 a.m.
The meal will include spiced pumpkin soup, turkey or pork loin, roasted apple and sausage bread pudding stuffing, roasted fall vegetables and sweet potato gratinée.
Price: Breakfast/brunch buffet: $44 for adults, $20 for kids ages 5-12; Three-course meal: $58 for adults
The Capital Grille
The Capital Grille, which has locations in Phoenix and Scottsdale, will offer a special Thanksgiving menu from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. on Thursday.
The meal will include turkey — of course, green beans and chutney. Mashed potatoes will also be served, but unfortunately you will have to share those.
The website said reservations are highly recommended, especially for the Phoenix location.
Price: $42 for adults, $15 for children
Westin Kierland Resort
Scottdale’s Westin Kierland Resort has a Thanksgiving buffet-style dinner from 1 p.m. to 6:15 p.m. on Thursday, the website said.
The resort itself will serve items that include pumpkin seed-crusted pacific sea bass, ancho and chipotle marinated pork loin and barley risotto.
Price: $89 for adults and $25 for children ages 5-12
Prado at Omni Scottsdale
Prado, the restaurant at the Omni Scottsdale Resort, will serve a Thanksgiving meal from 1 p.m. to 8 p.m. on Thursday.
The meal will include butternut squash salad, lamb osso buco and pumpkin cheesecake.
And if you are looking for some entertainment with your meal, live music will also be playing during those times.
Price: $95 per adult, $35 per child ages 6-12, 5 and under are free
Palo Verde at the Boulders Resort and Spa
If you want to come hungry and leave full, Palo Verde at the Boulders in Scottsdale will host a family-style Thanksgiving meal from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Price: $65 per person
But of course, there will be options for those who want to get a Thanksgiving meal while not breaking the bank.
Dozens of Phoenix-area chain restaurants will be open for the holiday, with several offering special Thanksgiving meals.
• Applebee’s: Select restaurants will offer a Thanksgiving meal that includes the classics like turkey, mashed potatoes and green beans.
• Black Angus Steakhouse: Black Angus will offer a full holiday meal for the family. Reservations are encouraged.
• Boston Market: The restaurant will offer a special Thanksgiving meal on Thursday that will be available in store.
• Cracker Barrel: Cracker Barrel will offer guests in-store Thanksgiving meals and meals that can be taken to go. The restaurant has already started offering its holiday menu.
• Denny’s: If you’re looking to eat at any time of the day, Denny’s will offer a turkey and dressing dinner to guests on Thanksgiving.
• Golden Corral: The buffet restaurant will offer — of course — a Thanksgiving buffet.
• Romano’s Macaroni Grill: Romano’s will offer guests a three-course Thanksgiving meal for $25.
• Ruth Chris Steak House: The steakhouse will offer a three-course Thanksgiving meal for $40 for adults. The Scottsdale location will be open from noon to 8 p.m.
• Buca di Beppo: The Italian restaurant will offer a special Thanksgiving meal, including turkey, gravy and garlic mashed potatoes, starting at 11 a.m. on Thursday.
• Fleming’s: The steakhouse will offer a three-course Thanksgiving meal, including the classics such as turkey and, of course, dessert. A reservation is recommended.
• Seasons 52: The restaurant will offer a Thanksgiving meal for $27 for adults and $13 for children. The meal will feature the classics, like turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing and pie.
• Fogo De Chão: The steakhouse will be open on Thanksgiving from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. and will even offer a special holiday menu. Reservations are recommended.
• Old Country Buffet: The buffet restaurant will be open from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Thanksgiving.
• Chompie’s: The New York deli chain will be open until 3 p.m. on Thanksgiving. If you’re hosting a crowd for the holiday, it will offer a meal deal for $220.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- State health department says this Arizona flu season not as bad as last
- Arizonans waste $944 of food yearly due to label confusion, survey says
- Report: Homelessness in Phoenix area up 12 percent from last year
- Silent Witness: Phoenix police searching for suspect in 2017 shooting
- Arizona Rep. Schweikert says border security will include wall, technology