Scottsdale-based Kona Grill opens new location overseas
PHOENIX — Scottsdale-based restaurant Kona Grill is venturing outside North America for its newest location.
The company announced its newest restaurant opening at Al Seef in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. The two-story American grill and sushi bar is located on Dubai Creek and adjacent to Al Fahidi Historical District.
“We are pleased to expand our presence internationally with the opening of the first Kona Grill in the United Arab Emirates,” President and CEO Berke Bakay said.
“…Our contemporary American menu featuring high-quality, fresh ingredients in a distinct dining environment is a great fit for Al Seef in Dubai. This opening marks our second international restaurant and first in the Middle East. We look forward to opening an additional international franchise restaurant in Toronto later this year.”
The Dubai location features two outdoor patios, a bar, dining room, exhibition kitchen and sushi bar. Much like the Kona Grills in the states.
And while it seems like a stretch, this isn’t the first restaurant Kona Grill has built outside the U.S. The company also has a location in Monterrey, Mexico.
- Trump delivers warning on trade as he leaves G-7 summit
- US to push steel, aluminum tariffs on EU, Canada and Mexico
- DHS Sec. Kirstjen Nielsen to visit Arizona for second time in two months
- The ties that bind: Economic ties between Arizona, Sonora, Mexico
- Families with Arizona ties included in lawsuit challenging border separation