Scottsdale-based Kona Grill opens new location overseas
PHOENIX — Scottsdale-based restaurant Kona Grill is venturing outside North America for its newest location.
The company announced its newest restaurant opening at Al Seef in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. The two-story American grill and sushi bar is located on Dubai Creek and adjacent to Al Fahidi Historical District.
“We are pleased to expand our presence internationally with the opening of the first Kona Grill in the United Arab Emirates,” President and CEO Berke Bakay said.
“…Our contemporary American menu featuring high-quality, fresh ingredients in a distinct dining environment is a great fit for Al Seef in Dubai. This opening marks our second international restaurant and first in the Middle East. We look forward to opening an additional international franchise restaurant in Toronto later this year.”
The Dubai location features two outdoor patios, a bar, dining room, exhibition kitchen and sushi bar. Much like the Kona Grills in the states.
And while it seems like a stretch, this isn’t the first restaurant Kona Grill has built outside the U.S. The company also has a location in Monterrey, Mexico.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Trump tweet claims ‘massive surge’ of migrants moving toward Arizona
- Family separations at border down, but dozens still affected
- Proposal protects land in Pima County for aquatic turtles
- As shutdown looms, Trump and GOP leaders discuss border wall
- Arizona Gov. Doug Ducey to head to Mexico this week for annual meeting