Silver Alert canceled after missing 68-year-old Phoenix woman found safe
PHOENIX — A Silver Alert has been canceled for a missing 68-year-old woman after she was found safe on Saturday evening, according to a statement from the Arizona Department of Public Safety.
A Silver Alert was issued for the woman, Carmelita Barreras Solis, who was last seen in Phoenix earlier in the week.
According to DPS, Solis went missing after she was last seen in the area of 32nd Street and McDowell Road in Phoenix on Tuesday. On Saturday, Solis was found after police responded to a trespassing call near 15th Avenue and Indian School Road.
The woman was not charged in the incident.
Police said she suffers from a medical condition that may have caused her to appear confused or disoriented.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Child hit by vehicle after running into Phoenix street, police say
- Phoenix police searching for suspect in 2012 Walmart robbery, murder
- First Place opens with aim to help adults with autism gain independence
- Owner of Phoenix bar donates nearly $13K in sales to Florence victims
- Report: Buckeye top Arizona city for income equality