Silver Alert canceled after missing 68-year-old Phoenix woman found safe
PHOENIX — A Silver Alert has been canceled for a missing 68-year-old woman after she was found safe on Saturday evening, according to a statement from the Arizona Department of Public Safety.
A Silver Alert was issued for the woman, Carmelita Barreras Solis, who was last seen in Phoenix earlier in the week.
According to DPS, Solis went missing after she was last seen in the area of 32nd Street and McDowell Road in Phoenix on Tuesday. On Saturday, Solis was found after police responded to a trespassing call near 15th Avenue and Indian School Road.
The woman was not charged in the incident.
Police said she suffers from a medical condition that may have caused her to appear confused or disoriented.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Silver Alert issued for 83-year-old with Alzheimer’s
- Phoenix residents buy gates to block alleys — with city’s blessing
- Phoenix police can now crowdsource evidence of crimes from residents
- 45 dogs and cats needing medical attention seized from Phoenix shelter
- Police: Man jumped out of moving car, driver arrested in Phoenix