Silver Alert canceled after missing 68-year-old Phoenix woman found safe
PHOENIX — A Silver Alert has been canceled for a missing 68-year-old woman after she was found safe on Saturday evening, according to a statement from the Arizona Department of Public Safety.
A Silver Alert was issued for the woman, Carmelita Barreras Solis, who was last seen in Phoenix earlier in the week.
According to DPS, Solis went missing after she was last seen in the area of 32nd Street and McDowell Road in Phoenix on Tuesday. On Saturday, Solis was found after police responded to a trespassing call near 15th Avenue and Indian School Road.
The woman was not charged in the incident.
Police said she suffers from a medical condition that may have caused her to appear confused or disoriented.
- Lockdown lifted on Peoria buildings after ‘suspicious’ package found
- Cool front expected to blow into Arizona but little chance for rain, snow
- Phoenix Madison Square Garden once the center for events in the Valley
- Phoenix-area group donates food-filled backpacks to hungry schoolkids
- Phoenix-area child transported to hospital with gunshot wound