Man caught between trucks in Peoria dies at hospital
PHOENIX — Police in the West Valley city of Peoria said a man taken to a hospital Monday morning after he became trapped between two large trucks has died.
The man was pinned between dump trucks at a site near 75th and Grand avenues.
The Peoria Police Department said the man, 50-year-old Arturo Perez, was standing between the two trucks when a second person climbed inside one to do a pre-trip check.
The parking brake was not engaged and the truck rolled backward, pinning Perez between the two.
A bystander who witnessed the incident separated the trucks and attempted to save Perez’s life before emergency crews arrived.
Perez was hospitalized in critical condition before he passed away.
Police were investigating, though impairment and foul play were not expected.
- Local investor envisions a haunting future for historic Peoria hotel
- Tesla to raise Supercharger rates in US, nearly double in Arizona
- Senate confirms Arizona Treasurer Jeff DeWit for NASA post
- Driver takes wrong turn, rolls into Phoenix canal
- Number of fatalities involving older drivers on the rise in Arizona