Man caught between trucks in Peoria dies at hospital
PHOENIX — Police in the West Valley city of Peoria said a man taken to a hospital Monday morning after he became trapped between two large trucks has died.
The man was pinned between dump trucks at a site near 75th and Grand avenues.
The Peoria Police Department said the man, 50-year-old Arturo Perez, was standing between the two trucks when a second person climbed inside one to do a pre-trip check.
The parking brake was not engaged and the truck rolled backward, pinning Perez between the two.
A bystander who witnessed the incident separated the trucks and attempted to save Perez’s life before emergency crews arrived.
Perez was hospitalized in critical condition before he passed away.
Police were investigating, though impairment and foul play were not expected.
- 3 children among injured in collision near downtown Phoenix
- Grand Canyon University freezes tuition for 2018-19 academic year
- Motorcycle wreck brings Loop 101 East to standstill in Phoenix
- Three Arizona cities among top 20 in US for singles
- Phoenix police association to hold fundraising cookout for injured officer