Man caught between trucks in Peoria dies at hospital
PHOENIX — Police in the West Valley city of Peoria said a man taken to a hospital Monday morning after he became trapped between two large trucks has died.
The man was pinned between dump trucks at a site near 75th and Grand avenues.
The Peoria Police Department said the man, 50-year-old Arturo Perez, was standing between the two trucks when a second person climbed inside one to do a pre-trip check.
The parking brake was not engaged and the truck rolled backward, pinning Perez between the two.
A bystander who witnessed the incident separated the trucks and attempted to save Perez’s life before emergency crews arrived.
Perez was hospitalized in critical condition before he passed away.
Police were investigating, though impairment and foul play were not expected.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Pedestrian killed in Phoenix when trailer’s back wheels went on sidewalk
- Trump blasts GOP spending plan that lacks money for wall
- Kim agrees to dismantle main nuke site if US takes steps too
- Teen who was speeding arrested after crash killed Glendale pedestrian
- Peoria woman changes her plea to guilty in child abuse case