Man caught between trucks in Peoria dies at hospital
PHOENIX — Police in the West Valley city of Peoria said a man taken to a hospital Monday morning after he became trapped between two large trucks has died.
The man was pinned between dump trucks at a site near 75th and Grand avenues.
The Peoria Police Department said the man, 50-year-old Arturo Perez, was standing between the two trucks when a second person climbed inside one to do a pre-trip check.
The parking brake was not engaged and the truck rolled backward, pinning Perez between the two.
A bystander who witnessed the incident separated the trucks and attempted to save Perez’s life before emergency crews arrived.
Perez was hospitalized in critical condition before he passed away.
Police were investigating, though impairment and foul play were not expected.
- Feds net $13.8M in Arizona civil actions, criminal fines
- Man shot, arrested after running from police in West Valley
- Lockdown lifted on Peoria buildings after ‘suspicious’ package found
- Phoenix-area child transported to hospital with gunshot wound
- Donald Trump defends self after comments: ‘I am not a racist’