Maricopa County officials find missing elderly Sun City man
PHOENIX — Officials have found a missing elderly man from Sun City, the Maricopa County Sheriff’s Office announced Friday.
According to the department, 82-year-old Glenn Peterson was found safely late Friday night. He was last seen leaving his home near 99th Avenue and Bell Road around 1:30 p.m. on Friday.
Police believe he drove off on his electric golf cart with an Arizona license plate, MC2M2E.
According to Peterson’s wife, he likes to go birdwatching but is typically not gone for more than 30 minutes. He also suffers from Alzheimer’s and dementia.
Peterson was last seen wearing a dark blue shirt, grey sweatpants and black slippers. He is described as a 5-foot, 8-inch-tall white male with grey hair and blue eyes. He does not have his wallet on him and does not have teeth.
- Grand Canyon University freezes tuition for 2018-19 academic year
- Phoenix makes top 10 for nation’s best places to retire
- Phoenix police searching for suspect who shot, killed bicyclist
- Arizona DREAMer named among Forbes Magazine’s 30 Under 30
- How much should you spend to avoid post-holiday blues in Arizona?