Maricopa County officials find missing elderly Sun City man
PHOENIX — Officials have found a missing elderly man from Sun City, the Maricopa County Sheriff’s Office announced Friday.
According to the department, 82-year-old Glenn Peterson was found safely late Friday night. He was last seen leaving his home near 99th Avenue and Bell Road around 1:30 p.m. on Friday.
Police believe he drove off on his electric golf cart with an Arizona license plate, MC2M2E.
According to Peterson’s wife, he likes to go birdwatching but is typically not gone for more than 30 minutes. He also suffers from Alzheimer’s and dementia.
Peterson was last seen wearing a dark blue shirt, grey sweatpants and black slippers. He is described as a 5-foot, 8-inch-tall white male with grey hair and blue eyes. He does not have his wallet on him and does not have teeth.
- Arizona highways will not be closed, restricted over Thanksgiving weekend
- Arizona State Parks, REI team up to offer Black Friday alternatives
- Arizona wildlife officials offering reward for help in elk poaching case
- Building starts on 30-story apartment complex in downtown Phoenix
- Here are some Phoenix-area restaurants to eat at on Thanksgiving