Maricopa County officials find missing elderly Sun City man
PHOENIX — Officials have found a missing elderly man from Sun City, the Maricopa County Sheriff’s Office announced Friday.
According to the department, 82-year-old Glenn Peterson was found safely late Friday night. He was last seen leaving his home near 99th Avenue and Bell Road around 1:30 p.m. on Friday.
Police believe he drove off on his electric golf cart with an Arizona license plate, MC2M2E.
According to Peterson’s wife, he likes to go birdwatching but is typically not gone for more than 30 minutes. He also suffers from Alzheimer’s and dementia.
Peterson was last seen wearing a dark blue shirt, grey sweatpants and black slippers. He is described as a 5-foot, 8-inch-tall white male with grey hair and blue eyes. He does not have his wallet on him and does not have teeth.
- Here are 10 things Arizonans should be thankful for on Thanksgiving
- Arizona state senator recovering after collision with drunk driver in Phoenix
- What would it mean for Arizonans if ‘net neutrality’ rules are repealed?
- Gilbert woman launches eco-friendly gift wrapping company
- Here are some tips for eating healthy this holiday season