Shared-kitchen fire damages 2 Chandler restaurants
PHOENIX — A fire has temporarily closed two adjoining restaurants in downtown Chandler.
There were no injuries.
Chandler Fire, Health and Medical described the Wednesday morning burn as a first-alarm assignment.
There were no injuries. The fire appeared to have started near the kitchen but cause was still to be determined.
Each restaurant, which opened during summer 2016, posted the shutdowns on social media.
You may have heard the news–we had a small fire at Modern Margarita and La Bocca Chandler today. Everyone is okay, but we will be temporarily closed for repairs. Stay tuned for updates. Thank you to everyone for your concern & well-wishes! And many thanks to Chandler Fire, Health & Medical & Chandler Police Department for all of their hard work today! #Chandler #DowntownChandler #temporarilyclosed #DCCP #EastValley #cityofchandler
The 6,000-square-foot building has been home for years to the popular Coach and Willie’s. Dining blog Mouth by Southwest reported that eatery closed in 2015 after the landlord locked out the tenants.
There was no word on how long the repairs would take.
- Trader Joe’s recalls salad sold in Arizona that may have glass, plastic
- After 2 delays, Arizona Snowbowl to open before Thanksgiving
- Watch Georgia Dome go up in smoke in 12-second implosion
- Main Street Minute: Frontier Air starts nonstop Phoenix-Austin service
- Big House victory for GOP tax plan, but Senate fate unclear