Shared-kitchen fire damages 2 Chandler restaurants
PHOENIX — A fire has temporarily closed two adjoining restaurants in downtown Chandler.
There were no injuries.
Chandler Fire, Health and Medical described the Wednesday morning burn as a first-alarm assignment.
There were no injuries. The fire appeared to have started near the kitchen but cause was still to be determined.
Each restaurant, which opened during summer 2016, posted the shutdowns on social media.
You may have heard the news–we had a small fire at Modern Margarita and La Bocca Chandler today. Everyone is okay, but we will be temporarily closed for repairs. Stay tuned for updates. Thank you to everyone for your concern & well-wishes! And many thanks to Chandler Fire, Health & Medical & Chandler Police Department for all of their hard work today! #Chandler #DowntownChandler #temporarilyclosed #DCCP #EastValley #cityofchandler
The 6,000-square-foot building has been home for years to the popular Coach and Willie’s. Dining blog Mouth by Southwest reported that eatery closed in 2015 after the landlord locked out the tenants.
There was no word on how long the repairs would take.
- Main Street Minute: Black Chamber of Arizona recruits new leader
- Flagstaff city leaders vote to not do business with border-wall contractors
- Alaska Airlines adds daily flight to Phoenix from Seattle suburb
- Dave Ramsey says: Businesses that don’t take cash miss out on sales
- Main Street Minute: Restaurant jobs are available at Phoenix airport