Missing El Mirage man returns home, Silver Alert canceled
PHOENIX — An El Mirage man returned home safely after being gone for several hours, canceling a Silver Alert.
Ronald Cotter, 77, left his residence Thursday afternoon to stop at a hardware store in Surprise. He told authorities that he drove around for hours because he was lost.
Cotter, who has health issues, made his way back home around 3 a.m.
He had driven off in a silver 2006 Ford Expedition bearing Arizona license plate ATC9887.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Silent Witness: Phoenix police searching for suspect in 2017 shooting
- Silver Alert canceled for 83-year-old with Alzheimer’s
- Silver Alert for missing elderly man in Avondale canceled
- Phoenix police can now crowdsource evidence of crimes from residents
- Avondale sergeant fired, allegedly in part for racist Facebook posts