Just 1 Phoenix-area freeway to be restricted over Veterans Day weekend
PHOENIX — The weekend is nearly here, but Phoenix-area freeway closures should not severely affect your commute.
According to the Arizona Department of Transportation, there is only one scheduled freeway restriction for construction during the Veterans Day weekend.
You read that right: Just one freeway will be restricted for construction over the holiday weekend.
The northbound Interstate 17 will be narrowed to one lane overnight between Northern Avenue and Thunderbird Road from 10 p.m. on Sunday and 5 a.m. on Monday for overhead sign work.
However, drivers should expect heavy traffic along the Interstate 10 and Loop 101 in the West Valley during the weekend due to races at the Phoenix International Raceway.
- ACLU sues Phoenix police for downtown Trump protest records
- Agency installs ‘wrong way’ overhead signs along stretch of I-17
- Young woman dies, teen boy seriously hurt in north Phoenix car wreck
- Arizona highways will not be closed, restricted over Thanksgiving weekend
- Building starts on 30-story apartment complex in downtown Phoenix