Just 1 Phoenix-area freeway to be restricted over Veterans Day weekend
PHOENIX — The weekend is nearly here, but Phoenix-area freeway closures should not severely affect your commute.
According to the Arizona Department of Transportation, there is only one scheduled freeway restriction for construction during the Veterans Day weekend.
You read that right: Just one freeway will be restricted for construction over the holiday weekend.
The northbound Interstate 17 will be narrowed to one lane overnight between Northern Avenue and Thunderbird Road from 10 p.m. on Sunday and 5 a.m. on Monday for overhead sign work.
However, drivers should expect heavy traffic along the Interstate 10 and Loop 101 in the West Valley during the weekend due to races at the Phoenix International Raceway.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- 21 salmonella cases in Arizona linked to Phoenix-area processing plant
- Suspected drunk driver wrecks signal, delays traffic to Arizona highway
- Arizona highway trooper faces wrong-way driver head-on to make stop
- Wag! dog walking service to open new Phoenix office this month
- Trump says US will pull out of intermediate range nuke pact