Just 1 Phoenix-area freeway to be restricted over Veterans Day weekend
PHOENIX — The weekend is nearly here, but Phoenix-area freeway closures should not severely affect your commute.
According to the Arizona Department of Transportation, there is only one scheduled freeway restriction for construction during the Veterans Day weekend.
You read that right: Just one freeway will be restricted for construction over the holiday weekend.
The northbound Interstate 17 will be narrowed to one lane overnight between Northern Avenue and Thunderbird Road from 10 p.m. on Sunday and 5 a.m. on Monday for overhead sign work.
However, drivers should expect heavy traffic along the Interstate 10 and Loop 101 in the West Valley during the weekend due to races at the Phoenix International Raceway.
- Sunday could be last day below 70 degrees in Phoenix until November
- Phoenix named one of the top 10 friendliest small business locations
- Phoenix jury convicts Syrian man accused of making bomb component
- Police situation forces closure of I-17 in Phoenix during rush hour
- Here are some fun things to do in the Valley this St. Patrick’s Day weekend