Just 1 Phoenix-area freeway to be restricted over Veterans Day weekend
PHOENIX — The weekend is nearly here, but Phoenix-area freeway closures should not severely affect your commute.
According to the Arizona Department of Transportation, there is only one scheduled freeway restriction for construction during the Veterans Day weekend.
You read that right: Just one freeway will be restricted for construction over the holiday weekend.
The northbound Interstate 17 will be narrowed to one lane overnight between Northern Avenue and Thunderbird Road from 10 p.m. on Sunday and 5 a.m. on Monday for overhead sign work.
However, drivers should expect heavy traffic along the Interstate 10 and Loop 101 in the West Valley during the weekend due to races at the Phoenix International Raceway.
- Interstate 10 eastbound in Phoenix reopens after fatal multivehicle crash
- Phoenix police searching for man suspected of stealing wire
- Arizona Technology Council finds industry is on the rise
- Phoenix shooting leaves two injured, one dead on Saturday
- Officials warn about rabid bats found in Phoenix area