Just 1 Phoenix-area freeway to be restricted over Veterans Day weekend
PHOENIX — The weekend is nearly here, but Phoenix-area freeway closures should not severely affect your commute.
According to the Arizona Department of Transportation, there is only one scheduled freeway restriction for construction during the Veterans Day weekend.
You read that right: Just one freeway will be restricted for construction over the holiday weekend.
The northbound Interstate 17 will be narrowed to one lane overnight between Northern Avenue and Thunderbird Road from 10 p.m. on Sunday and 5 a.m. on Monday for overhead sign work.
However, drivers should expect heavy traffic along the Interstate 10 and Loop 101 in the West Valley during the weekend due to races at the Phoenix International Raceway.
- Phoenix celebrates Chinese New Year with weekend-long festival
- Valley chefs, restaurateur named as James Beard Award semi-finalists
- Scottsdale’s Beat the Heat race to return in June after five-year hiatus
- Phoenix high school student arrested for bringing loaded gun on campus
- No Phoenix-area freeway closures over President’s Day weekend