Mesa man accused of sexually assaulting two women at his home
PHOENIX — A Phoenix-area resident and former owner of an indoor soccer team in Seattle has been charged with sexually assaulting two women who were hired to babysit his children.
The Mesa Police Department said 45-year-old Dion Earl has been charged with kidnapping, sexual assault, sexual abuse, assault and public indecency.
Earl is accused of sexually abusing two babysitters — who were 21 and 18 years old — in his Mesa home on two separate occasions that dated back to September.
The 21-year-old woman told police the alleged abuse occurred in September, when she was referred to Earl through a “reputable sitter website.”
The woman went to Earl’s home on Sept. 12 to babysit his daughters, according to court documents.
She said Earl asked her to check on his daughters in his bedroom. When she entered the room, she told police he was completely nude and grabbed the woman onto the bed.
According to court documents, Earl then pinned the woman’s arms down to prevent her from leaving and sexually assaulted her. The woman told police that afterward he offered her $100 to keep quiet about the incident.
The 18-year-old woman told police that she was hired to babysit Earl’s children in October after being referred by a friend.
According to court documents, the woman told police that Earl asked her to follow him into his bedroom and gave her a hug. The victim asked to leave as the hug continued, but Earl allegedly forced her onto the bed and assaulted her.
Earl was arrested for sexual assault last month.
While this was the first time Earl has been charged with sexual assault, he has been accused of sexual abuse or harassment by multiple women while he was the owner of Seattle Impact.
Two members of “Ladies with Impact,” a dance team for Seattle Impact, sued Earl for molesting them in two separate incidents in 2014. Earl was forced to pay out nearly $1 million back in January as a result from the lawsuit.
According to The Seattle Times, Earl has been accused of misconduct with women since 1998. He was also dismissed from a high school coaching job after allegedly making sexual advances on a 17-year-old and was investigated on suspicion of rape in 2009.
- Weekend wrap-up: Biggest Arizona stories from President’s Day weekend
- Mark Kelly calls for gun control legislation after Florida shooting
- Meghan McCain shares photo of Sen. John McCain at Arizona home
- Storm expected to slam Arizona high country with strong wind
- Arizona landmarks make list of must-see attractions in North America