Terminal 4 gates reopen at Phoenix Sky Harbor Airport
PHOENIX — Gates in the busiest terminal at Phoenix Sky Harbor Airport were shut down Wednesday morning, the airport said, so police could investigate a suspicious item.
A and D gates at Terminal Four were closed for over 90 minutes, as were ticket counters at Southwest and American airlines. Passengers were instructed to use other checkpoints. Traffic was being diverted away from the departures drop-off around 7 a.m.
The item in question was safely removed, authorities said.
Travelers at the airport posted to social media before the official announcement.
— robbie camplin (@RobbieCamplin) November 8, 2017
Terminal A closed at PHX due to Police activity!! #PHX
— SteelerNation87 (@plockwood05) November 8, 2017
Inbound flights were delayed at their points of origin, according to tracking site FlightAware.com until at least 8:30 a.m. Arizona time.
No other details were immediately available.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Man responsible for hourslong Sky Harbor shutdown issued $52 citation
- Loop 303 northwest of Phoenix near Cactus Road reopens
- Art Miller sworn in as city of Peoria’s new police chief
- Suspect outstanding after shooting near Bethany Home and Central
- Weekend wrap-up: Biggest Arizona-related stories from this past weekend