Terminal 4 gates reopen at Phoenix Sky Harbor Airport
PHOENIX — Gates in the busiest terminal at Phoenix Sky Harbor Airport were shut down Wednesday morning, the airport said, so police could investigate a suspicious item.
A and D gates at Terminal Four were closed for over 90 minutes, as were ticket counters at Southwest and American airlines. Passengers were instructed to use other checkpoints. Traffic was being diverted away from the departures drop-off around 7 a.m.
The item in question was safely removed, authorities said.
Travelers at the airport posted to social media before the official announcement.
— robbie camplin (@RobbieCamplin) November 8, 2017
Terminal A closed at PHX due to Police activity!! #PHX
— SteelerNation87 (@plockwood05) November 8, 2017
Inbound flights were delayed at their points of origin, according to tracking site FlightAware.com until at least 8:30 a.m. Arizona time.
No other details were immediately available.
- Study finds racial bias in Maricopa County Sheriff’s Office traffic stops
- Phoenix police searching for man suspected of stealing wire
- Two Phoenix officers injured after altercation in 7-11 parking lot
- 2 Mesa officers on leave after incident with 15-year-old robbery suspect
- Condor Airlines to increase flights from Phoenix to Frankfurt in 2019