Terminal 4 gates reopen at Phoenix Sky Harbor Airport
PHOENIX — Gates in the busiest terminal at Phoenix Sky Harbor Airport were shut down Wednesday morning, the airport said, so police could investigate a suspicious item.
A and D gates at Terminal Four were closed for over 90 minutes, as were ticket counters at Southwest and American airlines. Passengers were instructed to use other checkpoints. Traffic was being diverted away from the departures drop-off around 7 a.m.
The item in question was safely removed, authorities said.
Travelers at the airport posted to social media before the official announcement.
— robbie camplin (@RobbieCamplin) November 8, 2017
Terminal A closed at PHX due to Police activity!! #PHX
— SteelerNation87 (@plockwood05) November 8, 2017
Inbound flights were delayed at their points of origin, according to tracking site FlightAware.com until at least 8:30 a.m. Arizona time.
No other details were immediately available.
- Phoenix police searching for suspect who shot, killed bicyclist
- Glendale police found 13-year-old boy who went missing Thursday
- Phoenix Sky Harbor terminal reopened after police find ‘suspicious item’
- Case study: Police body cams helping prosecute domestic violence cases
- Phoenix police association to hold fundraising cookout for injured officer