Terminal 4 gates reopen at Phoenix Sky Harbor Airport
PHOENIX — Gates in the busiest terminal at Phoenix Sky Harbor Airport were shut down Wednesday morning, the airport said, so police could investigate a suspicious item.
A and D gates at Terminal Four were closed for over 90 minutes, as were ticket counters at Southwest and American airlines. Passengers were instructed to use other checkpoints. Traffic was being diverted away from the departures drop-off around 7 a.m.
The item in question was safely removed, authorities said.
Travelers at the airport posted to social media before the official announcement.
— robbie camplin (@RobbieCamplin) November 8, 2017
Terminal A closed at PHX due to Police activity!! #PHX
— SteelerNation87 (@plockwood05) November 8, 2017
Inbound flights were delayed at their points of origin, according to tracking site FlightAware.com until at least 8:30 a.m. Arizona time.
No other details were immediately available.
- Students say more guns, police officers on campus is not the answer
- Phoenix police officers, woman injured in rush hour crash
- Phoenix police union calling for review board decision to be overturned
- Police investigating possible triple homicide in northwest Phoenix
- Phoenix school brings in extra police officers after online threats