Main Street Minute: Peoria Police, Gilbert Fire celebrate new facilities
KTAR’s Main Street Minute focuses on local businesses that are hiring, opening and hosting events across the community. Stories air each weekday on KTAR at 7:27 a.m.
• The city of Peoria is cutting the ribbon Tuesday morning on a police station near Lake Pleasant Parkway and Pinnacle Peak Road. The ceremony is scheduled to begin at 10 a.m. at the Pinnacle Peak Public Safety Facility.
• Gilbert Fire and Rescue will break ground Tuesday morning on construction of Fire Station No. 9 near Ocotillo and McQueen roads. The station will initially be home to a four-member crew.
• Hiring managers at companies ranging from small, local businesses all the way to Fortune 500 companies are scheduled to take part in a Phoenix job fair Tuesday from 6 p.m. until 8 p.m The event takes place at the Holiday Inn Phoenix Airport near 48th Street and University Drive.
- Phoenix expected to reach high temperatures of 90 degrees Thursday
- Homeowner shoots armed man who refused to leave Phoenix home
- Phoenix police searching for suspect in 2012 homicide
- California-based chocolate factory to move location to Phoenix area
- Sunday could be last day below 70 degrees in Phoenix until November