Main Street Minute: Peoria Police, Gilbert Fire celebrate new facilities
KTAR’s Main Street Minute focuses on local businesses that are hiring, opening and hosting events across the community. Stories air each weekday on KTAR at 7:27 a.m.
• The city of Peoria is cutting the ribbon Tuesday morning on a police station near Lake Pleasant Parkway and Pinnacle Peak Road. The ceremony is scheduled to begin at 10 a.m. at the Pinnacle Peak Public Safety Facility.
• Gilbert Fire and Rescue will break ground Tuesday morning on construction of Fire Station No. 9 near Ocotillo and McQueen roads. The station will initially be home to a four-member crew.
• Hiring managers at companies ranging from small, local businesses all the way to Fortune 500 companies are scheduled to take part in a Phoenix job fair Tuesday from 6 p.m. until 8 p.m The event takes place at the Holiday Inn Phoenix Airport near 48th Street and University Drive.
- Monsoon rains flood parts of Flagstaff, high heat to return to Phoenix area
- Suspect from Phoenix officer-involved shooting in custody, police say
- Southbound I-17 reopened at Indian School Road after police incident
- Downtown Donut Festival to be held in Phoenix in November
- Mac is back: Best Phoenix-area spots for National Mac and Cheese Day