Main Street Minute: Peoria Police, Gilbert Fire celebrate new facilities
KTAR’s Main Street Minute focuses on local businesses that are hiring, opening and hosting events across the community. Stories air each weekday on KTAR at 7:27 a.m.
• The city of Peoria is cutting the ribbon Tuesday morning on a police station near Lake Pleasant Parkway and Pinnacle Peak Road. The ceremony is scheduled to begin at 10 a.m. at the Pinnacle Peak Public Safety Facility.
• Gilbert Fire and Rescue will break ground Tuesday morning on construction of Fire Station No. 9 near Ocotillo and McQueen roads. The station will initially be home to a four-member crew.
• Hiring managers at companies ranging from small, local businesses all the way to Fortune 500 companies are scheduled to take part in a Phoenix job fair Tuesday from 6 p.m. until 8 p.m The event takes place at the Holiday Inn Phoenix Airport near 48th Street and University Drive.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Gilbert car dealership manager arrested for tampering with odometer
- Phoenix man arrested for allegedly murdering girlfriend in 2016
- Mattress Firm files for bankruptcy, will close 16 stores in Arizona
- As global recycling market crashes, Phoenix feels the crunch
- Second victim in double shooting near downtown Phoenix dies