Main Street Minute: Peoria Police, Gilbert Fire celebrate new facilities
KTAR’s Main Street Minute focuses on local businesses that are hiring, opening and hosting events across the community. Stories air each weekday on KTAR at 7:27 a.m.
• The city of Peoria is cutting the ribbon Tuesday morning on a police station near Lake Pleasant Parkway and Pinnacle Peak Road. The ceremony is scheduled to begin at 10 a.m. at the Pinnacle Peak Public Safety Facility.
• Gilbert Fire and Rescue will break ground Tuesday morning on construction of Fire Station No. 9 near Ocotillo and McQueen roads. The station will initially be home to a four-member crew.
• Hiring managers at companies ranging from small, local businesses all the way to Fortune 500 companies are scheduled to take part in a Phoenix job fair Tuesday from 6 p.m. until 8 p.m The event takes place at the Holiday Inn Phoenix Airport near 48th Street and University Drive.
- Could downtown Phoenix be the next major hub for high-tech companies?
- Could Phoenix be the home for the newest Apple campus?
- Arizona woman who faked cancer to get abortion coverage loses appeal
- Republican Moses Sanchez announces bid for Phoenix mayorship
- Lockdown lifted on Peoria buildings after ‘suspicious’ package found