Samsung takes major shots at Apple in new ad campaign
Apple and Samsung are the titans of the cellphone industry and it looks as if the competition is going to heat up even more after a brutal ad by Samsung.
The minute-long ad featured a young man who appeared to be a pretty loyal Apple fan — he even stood in the rain to get the latest edition of the iPhone.
But he has a couple problems with his device, such as the storage filling up and the phone being ruined when exposed to water, that just so happen to mirror some of the biggest complaints against Apple devices.
Conveniently, his girlfriend has a Samsung device that he slowly grows to envy, especially when he has to use special connectors to use his headphones while her phone wirelessly charges.
Of course, at the end of the ad, he winds up getting the latest Samsung.
But the biggest shot taken in the ad was subtle. At the beginning, the lines for the latest iPhone are clearly long and winding.
By the end, that line has dwindled, implying a huge drop in popularity.
- Your Apple Music or Spotify subscription may cost more soon
- Transit directions in Tucson added to Apple’s Maps app
- Here are some of the best commercials from this year’s Super Bowl
- Apple rumor suggests cheap iPhone SE returning with cool feature
- Could downtown Phoenix be the next major hub for high-tech companies?