Fast-casual pizza chain Fired Pie to open Gilbert location this week
PHOENIX — The fast-casual pizza chain Fired Pie will soon open its first location in Gilbert, marking the chain’s 19th location in Arizona alone.
According to a recent press release, the new location will open at SanTan Village on Thursday.
SanTan Village is an outdoor mall that features a mix of retailers and restaurants. It is located near Ray Road and the Loop 202 in Gilbert.
The company recently received a $2.7 million funding package from BBVA/Compass Bank to expand its operations, according to company CFO Abby Anderson.
The funding will allow the company to open as many as five stores in and out of Arizona within the next year.
In a statement, co-owners Fred Morgan and Doug Doyle said the company is excited to expand into the Phoenix suburb.
“The continued support and demand we receive from all the pizza lovers in the community is the driving force behind our future plans,” Morgan said. “We are listening to our customers, giving them what they want and opening up more Fired Pies.”
“We are excited to launch in new markets as we feel there is a lot of opportunity for growth in several areas,” Doyle said. “Our continued success is due to our quality of the product we serve our loyal customers.”
Fired Pie currently has 16 locations in the metro Phoenix area and two in Tucson.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Southern California agency OKs water plan that awaits Arizona’s approval
- APS, Suns grant more than $48,000 to Arizona teachers for STEM projects
- Arizona’s high country still plagued by drought, despite recent storms
- Arizonans frustrated by unrelenting robocalls may soon find some relief
- Judge: Earlier rulings over Arizona inmate health care to remain in place