Tom Hanks helps couple get engaged at Texas book reading
It seems like we could all use a little good news on this Monday and, thankfully, actor Tom Hanks did something pretty cool over the weekend.
While hosting a reading of his new book, “Uncommon Type: Some Stories,” in Austin, Texas on Saturday, Hanks helped a couple get engaged.
Hanks told the crowd he was getting tired of people asking questions and said he would like to pose one of his own.
He then pulled a slip of paper out of his pocket and said that a man in the audience, Ryan McFarling, had a question for Nikki Young.
“Nikki, will you marry me?”
The couple ran on stage, where McFarling gave Young a ring and snapped some photos with the actor.
Hanks said that everyone in the audience could agree that McFarling was a lucky man and wished the couple well before they returned to their seats.
That’s all we have to say about that.
- Arizona man accused in 1987 death of a San Antonio woman
- Review: ‘The Post’ is the movie you should see but probably won’t
- Phoenix man convicted of helping plot 2015 Texas attack files appeal
- Former priest, Arizona resident convicted of 1960 murder in Texas
- FBI doubles reward for information in Texas border patrol agent’s death