Tom Hanks helps couple get engaged at Texas book reading
It seems like we could all use a little good news on this Monday and, thankfully, actor Tom Hanks did something pretty cool over the weekend.
While hosting a reading of his new book, “Uncommon Type: Some Stories,” in Austin, Texas on Saturday, Hanks helped a couple get engaged.
Hanks told the crowd he was getting tired of people asking questions and said he would like to pose one of his own.
He then pulled a slip of paper out of his pocket and said that a man in the audience, Ryan McFarling, had a question for Nikki Young.
“Nikki, will you marry me?”
The couple ran on stage, where McFarling gave Young a ring and snapped some photos with the actor.
Hanks said that everyone in the audience could agree that McFarling was a lucky man and wished the couple well before they returned to their seats.
That’s all we have to say about that.
- Sheriff: Border Patrol agent suspected of killing 4 women
- Shooter kills 10 people at Texas high school; suspect in custody
- How valuable is Arizona? Experts estimate cost of states in U.S.
- WalletHub: Arizona considered one of the worst in terms of child healthcare
- Texas waitress receives scholarship after helping elderly customer