Police looking for third suspect in Chandler shooting
A fugitive has been on the run since 2006 and this could be the year he’s found.
Chandler Police Department detective Seth Tyler said, on Aug. 23, officers were called to reports of a shooting at a home in a quiet neighborhood near Price and Ray roads. Inside, they found the body of 20-year-old Bradley Eaton.
“Through the course of the investigation we identified three suspects,” Tyler said. “Two of those suspects were apprehended.”
The third is the brother of one of the men caught. His name is Juan Acosta and it’s believed he’s been living in Mexico for the past several years.
“We’re not sure if [Acosta] has been crossing back and forth across the border, however, he has family here in the valley and he has ties to Chandler,” Tyler said.
This has turned into an international investigation with help from the U.S. Marshals Office and an extradition agreement with Mexico.
Acosta is considered armed and dangerous.
- Phoenix police looking for leads in two murder cases
- Hamilton High searching for new football coach amid hazing scandal
- She Said: Seven Phoenix-area places to try on National Cookie Day
- Chandler firefighters help rescue dog from tunnel dug by tortoise
- Here are some Phoenix-area restaurants to eat at on Thanksgiving