Biker dies after collapsing on South Mountain in Phoenix
PHOENIX — A man has died after suddenly collapsing while riding his bike on South Mountain in Phoenix, according to the Phoenix Fire Department.
According to Capt. Larry Subervi, the unidentified victim suddenly collapsed off his bike while he was riding up a trail on the mountain.
Bystanders immediately began administering CPR until the paramedics arrived. The paramedics determined the man was dead after hooking him up to a cardiac monitor.
The victim was 43-years-old and Subervi said he had “no predicting major medical problems.”
Subervi said it took paramedics about 30 to 40 minutes to get to where the man was on the trail.
The Phoenix Police Department is currently conducting an investigation.
The incident comes just a week after a bicyclist was killed in a collision with a vehicle at South Mountain Park in Phoenix.
- Tucson man sentenced to 12-plus years in prison for bank robberies
- FBI searching for 2 suspects in violent casino robbery in Payson
- 3 Arizona cities rank among best in nation for first-time home buyers
- Prosecutors say Russian hackers leased servers in Arizona, Illinois
- Arizonans who fall in love online could be victims of romance scam