Watch as elderly man comforts dying wife before 80th wedding anniversary
You might want to have the tissues nearby, because this video could bring you to tears.
Gabe Jacobs posted this video to Vimeo of his grandparents sharing what could be one of their last moments together the night before their 80th wedding anniversary.
His 105-year-old grandfather, Arthur, can be seen comforting and embracing his wife Marica, 100, as she lies in bed, surrounded by loved ones.
According to Jacobs, Arthur and Marica are “one of the oldest living couples” in the U.S.
Unfortunately, Marica has been suffering from a debilitating disorder that has stripped some of her speech and cognitive abilities, allowing her to only say “hello” over and over.
But, according to the video’s description, “she seems to have some sort of understanding of her surroundings.”
“Arthur is a beautiful man and so incredibly in love with Marcia. You can tell how sad he is that she is no longer really here. Proud to have descended from these superhumans,” the description read.
- Body cam video in Arizona trooper’s death won’t be released, judge orders
- Go behind the scenes at amazing Phoenix Children’s Hospital
- IRS seeking volunteers to help the elderly file tax returns
- Legally Speaking: How much privacy can you expect from ride-share driver
- With storms coming, Arizona firefighters rescue dog from drain