Main Street Minute: High-tech defense company opens Phoenix center
KTAR’s Main Street Minute focuses on local businesses that are hiring, opening and hosting events across the community. Stories air each weekday on KTAR at 7:27 a.m.
• A high-tech defense manufacturer has landed in Phoenix. Massachusetts-based Mercury Systems has opened a large microelectronics center near 40th Street and University Drive. The Phoenix Business Journal reports the site will have 180 employees and will hire another 30.
• A hiring event Monday in the East Valley features thousands of jobs, free professional headshots, resume reviews, professional social media network audits and more. The job fair runs from 10 a.m. until 2 p.m. at the Sheraton Mesa Hotel at Wrigleyville West near Dobson Road and Rio Salado Parkway.
- Crash shuts down part of US 93, traffic slow between Phoenix and Las Vegas
- This neighborhood has fastest rising rents, home values in Phoenix area
- Mesa community medicine program shutters due to lack of funding
- Phoenix pastor meets with Pence, Ivanka Trump at White House
- Ex-Phoenix Fire captain gets prison in sexual assault case