I-17 backed up several miles due to crash near Black Canyon City
The northbound lanes on Interstate 17 ground to a halt near Black Canyon City due to crash, the Arizona Department of Transportation reported Sunday.
The accident happened at milepost 249.
ADOT has announced the reopening of the left lane, but traffic is backed up close to five miles.
- Part of Interstate 10, 17 to be closed during June 22 weekend
- No Phoenix-area freeway closures over Memorial Day weekend
- ADOT expecting heavier traffic leading up to Taylor Swift concert
- I-10 reopens ahead of schedule following weekend construction
- Agency wants public input on widening I-17 north of Phoenix