I-17 backed up several miles due to crash near Black Canyon City
The northbound lanes on Interstate 17 ground to a halt near Black Canyon City due to crash, the Arizona Department of Transportation reported Sunday.
The accident happened at milepost 249.
ADOT has announced the reopening of the left lane, but traffic is backed up close to five miles.
- Agency wants public input on widening I-17 north of Phoenix
- Arizona DPS trooper injured in I-17 crash gets visit from K9 partner
- Rock removal to temporarily close part of Interstate 17 north of Phoenix
- Crash closes I-17 northbound in Phoenix for hours, freeway reopened
- Here are the Phoenix-area highway restrictions for Jan. 19 weekend