Veteran commits suicide at VA Medical Center in Phoenix
PHOENIX — A veteran took his own life on the property of the Carl T. Hayden VA Medical Center in Phoenix, the VA said in a statement Friday.
“To protect the veteran’s privacy, we are not able to share any additional details,” a statement said.
The Phoenix Police Department was conducting an investigation into the matter.
The Department of Veterans Affairs statement urged Veterans experiencing a crisis to contact the Veterans Crisis Line at 800-273-8255 and press “1.” It’s a 24/7 line.
- State prison inmate in Yuma dies after apparent suicide attempt
- Secret Service says man shoots himself outside White House
- Parents, advocates rally after Queen Creek High loses five to suicide
- Phoenix launching interagency initiative to prevent veteran suicide
- Another Arizona prison inmate dies in Florence of apparent suicide