Veteran commits suicide at VA Medical Center in Phoenix
PHOENIX — A veteran took his own life on the property of the Carl T. Hayden VA Medical Center in Phoenix, the VA said in a statement Friday.
“To protect the veteran’s privacy, we are not able to share any additional details,” a statement said.
The Phoenix Police Department was conducting an investigation into the matter.
The Department of Veterans Affairs statement urged Veterans experiencing a crisis to contact the Veterans Crisis Line at 800-273-8255 and press “1.” It’s a 24/7 line.
- Arizona prison inmate found dead in cell in apparent suicide
- Calls to Tempe hotline increase after suicides of Spade, Bourdain
- Tempe counselor: Don’t avoid topic of suicide if something is amiss
- New Phoenix VA report notes concerns about in-hospital complications
- Mortality rates in Arizona on the rise for moms, babies