Veteran commits suicide at VA Medical Center in Phoenix
PHOENIX — A veteran took his own life on the property of the Carl T. Hayden VA Medical Center in Phoenix, the VA said in a statement Friday.
“To protect the veteran’s privacy, we are not able to share any additional details,” a statement said.
The Phoenix Police Department was conducting an investigation into the matter.
The Department of Veterans Affairs statement urged Veterans experiencing a crisis to contact the Veterans Crisis Line at 800-273-8255 and press “1.” It’s a 24/7 line.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Arizona EMT, firefighter suicide risk notably higher than that of public
- Here’s how you can help prevent suicide
- Documentary subjects say health care for Phoenix veterans still lacking
- Arizona prison inmate found dead in cell, suicide suspected
- Court rejects Gila River tribe’s suit against VA over cost of vets’ care