Main Street Minute: Breakfast chain opens 2nd Phoenix spot
KTAR’s Main Street Minute focuses on local businesses that are hiring, opening and hosting events across the community. Stories air each weekday on KTAR at 7:27 a.m.
• A popular Arizona breakfast spot is celebrating its new Biltmore neighborhood location all weekend. Customers at Over Easy near 24th Street and Camelback Road on Saturday and Sunday will receive 25 percent off their bills. The chain has another site in Phoenix and one each in Gilbert, Mesa and Scottsdale.
• Job search website Indeed.com is expanding its presence in the Valley. The Phoenix Business Journal reports the Texas-based company is leasing more than 50,000 square feet of space at the Galleria Corporate Centre in Scottsdale. Indeed has a local staff of more than 100, but plans to grow that to more than 350.
• The Phoenix Police Department is holding a career fair Friday morning. The event runs from 8 a.m. until noon at the downtown Convention Center. The department wants to hire officers and communications operators. Testing follows the job fair.
- Phoenix ranked among most affordable travel destinations in US
- Phoenix ISM Raceway dropped from IndyCar’s 2019 schedule
- Get ready for dogs – Phoenix is No. 6 city for pet-friendly vacation spots
- Part of Interstate 10, 17 to be closed during June 22 weekend
- Hawaii-bound American Airlines flight forced back to Phoenix