Main Street Minute: Breakfast chain opens 2nd Phoenix spot
KTAR’s Main Street Minute focuses on local businesses that are hiring, opening and hosting events across the community. Stories air each weekday on KTAR at 7:27 a.m.
• A popular Arizona breakfast spot is celebrating its new Biltmore neighborhood location all weekend. Customers at Over Easy near 24th Street and Camelback Road on Saturday and Sunday will receive 25 percent off their bills. The chain has another site in Phoenix and one each in Gilbert, Mesa and Scottsdale.
• Job search website Indeed.com is expanding its presence in the Valley. The Phoenix Business Journal reports the Texas-based company is leasing more than 50,000 square feet of space at the Galleria Corporate Centre in Scottsdale. Indeed has a local staff of more than 100, but plans to grow that to more than 350.
• The Phoenix Police Department is holding a career fair Friday morning. The event runs from 8 a.m. until noon at the downtown Convention Center. The department wants to hire officers and communications operators. Testing follows the job fair.
- Phoenix named one of the top 10 friendliest small business locations
- Phoenix jury convicts Syrian man accused of making bomb component
- Police situation forces closure of I-17 in Phoenix during rush hour
- Here are some fun things to do in the Valley this St. Patrick’s Day weekend
- Phoenix-area zoo welcomes birth of two mountain lion cubs