Woman claims AMC Theatres in Glendale infested with bedbugs
PHOENIX — Officials with AMC Theatres said an auditorium at a Phoenix-area location has reopened after a Valley woman claimed she encountered bedbugs in one of the seats.
Crystal Roze Mitchell said in a Facebook post on Tuesday that the AMC Theatres location at Westgate in Glendale is “infested with bedbugs.”
“They know about it and have an exterminator there every [Tuesday]. Clearly it’s not working, yet they are still open and allowing families to go in and take these bugs back to their homes,” she said.
Mitchell also posted several photos of her seat, which appeared to show little bugs nestled in the crack between the fabric and the plastic part of the seat.
The post has been shared more than 33,000 times since Tuesday.
In a statement provided to KTAR News 92.3 FM, a spokesperson from AMC Theatres said the auditorium where Mitchell claimed she saw bedbugs was treated on Wednesday and cleared it to reopen on Thursday.
“AMC remains vigilant and aggressive in the monitoring and treatment of this issue,” the statement said.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Scottsdale man pays $20 for storage-unit content, finds pricey antiques
- Here is how you can figure out if your Facebook got hacked
- Facebook: Hackers accessed personal data from 29M accounts
- Switch to LED streetlights earns Glendale $505K rebate
- Fatal wreck shuts down Loop 101 North on-ramp in Glendale