Arizona Border Patrol agent arrested, accused of lewd acts with teen
AJO, Ariz. — Pima County Sheriff’s officials said a Border Patrol agent in Arizona has been accused of lewd acts with a teenager in California.
They said 29-year-old Kyle Mrofka was arrested by sheriff’s deputies at the Ajo Station.
The charges were filed by the Imperial County Sheriff’s Office in California. They said the incident occurred in 2013 at the Picacho State Recreation Area and involved a 14-year-old.
Authorities didn’t disclose the gender of the teen.
Mrofka is being held without bond in Pima County Jail on charges of lewd and lascivious acts.
He is scheduled to appear Nov. 2 before a Tucson judge for an extradition hearing.
Mrofka has worked with the Border Patrol for nine years. He’s suspended indefinitely without pay pending the outcome of the investigation.
- Ex-Tempe teacher sentenced to lifetime probation for sex with student
- Viewing, funeral service to be held for Phoenix-area police officer
- Phoenix man forced to eat marijuana by police settles suit for $100K
- Navajo Nation sues Wells Fargo for alleged predatory tactics
- Court keeps ban on new mining claims around Grand Canyon