Guy Fieri’s ‘Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives’ stops by three Valley joints
PHOENIX — If you’re watching an episode of Guy Fieri’s “Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives” soon and see some familiar Phoenix locations, don’t be surprised: The hit show stopped by three Valley joints this week.
All of the eateries were excited the hit Food Network show had come by.
In an Instagram post, Tacos Chiwas said the crew was “so awesome” and it was “an amazing experience.” The restaurant tossed in a few heart emojis for good measure.
The folks over at Grubstak snapped a picture of Fieri’s famed license plate — FLVRTWN, a reference to one of the celebrity chef’s signature phrases, “Flavor Town.”
Republica Empanada did not post to its Facebook page about the visit, but an employee confirmed crews were on-location last week.
The restaurant had limited hours because of “a family and business occasion.”
There was no word on when episodes featuring the restaurants were expected to air.
- Phoenix NCAA Final Four had some of year’s most expensive resale tickets
- Main Street Minute: Job fair in Mesa lines up tech and banking managers
- Phoenix may officially rename Broadway Road after MLK Jr.
- Former Phoenix officer, wife charged, not arrested in daughter’s death
- Despite fewer refugees, Valley rescue group to continue providing support