Main Street Minute: Daytime eatery chain adds Phoenix spot
KTAR’s Main Street Minute focuses on local businesses that are hiring, opening and hosting events across the community. Stories air each weekday on KTAR at 7:27 a.m.
• All-day breakfast and brunch spot Snooze starts serving up food Wednesday from its newest Phoenix restaurant on Ray Road, just west of Interstate 10. It’s the fifth Valley location for the chain.
• There are several job fairs in the Valley on Wednesday’s schedule. A sales and management hiring event is set to run 9 a.m. until 12:30 p.m. in Phoenix at the Embassy Suites Hotel Biltmore near 24th Street and Camelback Road. The Art Institute of Phoenix near 23rd and Dunlap avenues is hosting employers in design, culinary, media arts and fashion from 11 a.m. until 1 p.m. Finally, more than 20 employers are taking part in an event in Phoenix. It runs from 11 a.m. until 3 p.m. at the Hilton Garden Inn Phoenix Airport near 36th Street and University Drive.
• Walmart cut the ribbon Wednesday on a supercenter in northwest Phoenix. The Metrocenter Mall site takes up 148,000 square feet.
- Arizona Supreme Court rejects bid to reverse electric rate hike
- Main Street Minute: Breakfast chain opens 2nd Phoenix spot
- Sky Harbor runway to close for repairs in early 2018
- Main Street Minute: Coffee chain donating sales to Valley fire station
- Phoenix, Tucson among nation’s top 25 cities for economic opportunity