Man arrested in connection to fatal car accident on Interstate 17 in Phoenix
PHOENIX — A man has been arrested in connection to a fatal car accident that took place on the Interstate 17 in Phoenix early Sunday morning.
The accident, which occurred on the I-17 south of Camelback Road, occurred when a vehicle hit a concrete wall on the freeway and the driver tried to flee, according to the Arizona Department of Public Safety.
The man, who has not been identified, was arrested shortly after. A woman, who also has not been identified, died in the crash.
Department of Public Safety officials said troopers were able to locate the driver and arrest him. They also did not say if there was a relationship between the driver and the woman.
The northbound portion of the highway at Indian School Road reopened around 12:15 p.m, on Sunday. The investigation is ongoing.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Arizona Christian University relocating from Phoenix to Glendale
- Waymo close to debuting paid driverless car service in Phoenix area
- ‘Stop Phx Police Violence’ banner removed from Phoenix overpass
- Study: Phoenix second-best spot for retirees with wanderlust
- Illumination light show returns to Phoenix, adds Tempe location