Valley shops offering cheap tattoos, donating proceeds to Vegas victims
PHOENIX — A chain of tattoo shops that has a few locations in the Valley will be offering cheap ink over the next few days and donating the proceeds to victims of the Las Vegas shooting.
Club Tattoo — which has locations in Scottsdale, Tempe and Mesa — said it was charging $50 for Las Vegas-themed tattoos through Monday.
Club Tattoo founder Sean Dowdell told Fox 10 an artist gave him the idea for the fundraiser.
“It’s all about love Vegas, and try and remember Vegas in a positive light, and so, something good, that’s what the whole thing is all about,” he said.
The shop gave some tattoo ideas on its Facebook page, but said it was open to other designs.
“Anything basically that’s Las Vegas-related, we are trying to tie in,” Dowdell told the news outlet. “If we haven’t thought of it, bring it in and we will work with you.”
All the money from the tattoos will be given to the Las Vegas Victims Fund. As of Friday afternoon, nearly $10 million had been raised for the victims of Sunday’s attack that left more than 50 dead and hundreds injured.
The fund will be used to help offset the victims’ medical and funeral costs.
A Chandler bar said it would host a fundraiser of its own on Saturday.
- Zillow is now buying and selling houses in the Phoenix area
- US 93 to Las Vegas reopens after tanker crash in Arizona
- Crash shuts down part of US 93, slows traffic between Phoenix and Las Vegas
- More limits put on Arizona man who provided ammo to Vegas shooter
- Gun control bills stall in Arizona Legislature following Florida shooting