Mesa police locate missing 8-year-old girl Leilani Miller
PHOENIX — The Mesa Police Department announced it has located Leilani Miller Saturday after the 8-year-old girl went missing Friday.
According to Mesa police, Miller was last seen in the 600 block of North Hunt Drive in Mesa.
Authorities said Miller and another female classmate were going to hang out at school, but when her classmate had second thoughts, Miller kept going, staying in a hideout near the school until police found her early Saturday morning.
Mesa Police Detective Steve Berry said the area contained a number of bushes where kids had a hideout.
According to Berry, Miller stayed at the hideout all night and emerged in the morning where she was found.
Mesa police took her to their headquarters for questioning and a checkup.
KTAR News’ Thomas Perumean contributed to this report
- Body of missing elementary school teacher from Glendale found
- Former Mesa officer charged with fatally shooting man to start trial
- Bondsman tried to get Glendale teacher to not pay suspect’s bail
- Phoenix police to begin landfill search for missing woman next week
- Flagstaff police treating case of missing Glendale teacher as homicide