Mesa police locate missing 8-year-old girl Leilani Miller
PHOENIX — The Mesa Police Department announced it has located Leilani Miller Saturday after the 8-year-old girl went missing Friday.
According to Mesa police, Miller was last seen in the 600 block of North Hunt Drive in Mesa.
Authorities said Miller and another female classmate were going to hang out at school, but when her classmate had second thoughts, Miller kept going, staying in a hideout near the school until police found her early Saturday morning.
Mesa Police Detective Steve Berry said the area contained a number of bushes where kids had a hideout.
According to Berry, Miller stayed at the hideout all night and emerged in the morning where she was found.
Mesa police took her to their headquarters for questioning and a checkup.
KTAR News’ Thomas Perumean contributed to this report
- Las Vegas shooting victim throws out first pitch at Cubs game
- Off Central: Valley girls take part in first responder preparedness course
- Study shows Arizona cities rank among happiest places to live in US
- Phoenix metropolitan area named most exciting in Arizona
- EdgeCore breaks ground on new campus in Mesa’s technology corridor