Phoenix police looking for armed robbery, murder suspects
It’s 8:45 p.m. on July 4,, 2017 and fireworks shows around the Valley are getting underway.
But at the Jack in the Box at 13th Avenue and McDowell Road, it’ll be an Independence Day the employees will never forget.
A man, dressed head to toe in black — black face mask, gloves and even a black hoodie in the summer heat — walks in carrying a shotgun.
“He pointed it towards the employees and demanded money from the cash registers,” Phoenix Police Sgt. Jamie Rothschild said.
The terrified workers gave him cash and the man was last seen running away on foot.
“It’s the Fourth of July, which is a holiday evening where people are typically out,” Rothschild said. “This guy is wearing so much clothing and carrying a shotgun — somebody had to have seen him.
Next, we head to a neighborhood just south of the state capitol.
Rothschild said this crime happened on Thursday, Aug. 31, 2017.
“Our victim, 45-year-old Crystal Brown, was killed near the area of the railroad tracks that are north of Lincoln (Street) and east of 15th Avenue.”
Brown and her husband, who were living at a nearby transient camp, were approached by three young men who robbed them.
A nearby surveillance camera caught three young men running in the area and police want to know who they are and if they’re connected to the murder.
Arizona's Morning News
- ‘Stop Phx Police Violence’ banner removed from Phoenix overpass
- Valley man allegedly shoots brother in dispute over food container
- Tribal police investigating body found on reservation near Scottsdale
- Man arrested after leading police on high-speed chase in Phoenix area
- Suspect arrested after breaking into Mesa Police Department headquarters