She Said: Tipsy Tea Party at The Camby is a smashing success
Every Friday and Saturday afternoon, The Camby’s Bees Knees Bar will be serving up creative spiked tea drinks as well as sweet and savory snacks that will make even the Mad Hatter jealous.
Attendees should expect a lively setting, as the hotel labels the party as “refreshingly improper afternoon tea.”
We got a sneak peek at the whimsical event and went into the afternoon with our pinkies up, ready for fun.
The tables were set with mismatched China, giving the room a colorful setting with a hint of elegance. We decided to start with two chilled tea-infused cocktails and each arrived in adorable tea pots with enough to share between four people.
First was the Verbena Dream, made with lime vodka, orgeat syrup, lime juice and verbena mint iced tea. It was very subtle and smooth with a refreshing kick.
The Green Tea Daiquiri was next with green tea-infused rum, demerara simple syrup and lime juice. This one packed a little more punch and got us feeling pretty good.
A selection of tasty bites accompanied the teas including truffle deviled eggs, herb riotta and Lomo Iberico bruschetta, aji amarillo tater tot and caviar and a delectable crab roll. They were perfect finger foods as we sipped the afternoon away.
Next up was a cookie tin full of desserts that arrived looking almost too beautiful to eat but the teas were kicking in and I gladly reached for the carbs!
The tin included pistachio cream pie, passion fruit and raspberry éclair, chocolate pot de crème and French macaroons.
As we consumed the scrumptious sweets, our last tea pot of the afternoon made its way to the table. This was one of their hot teas — called the Slow & Steady — made with Grand Marnier, China-China Amer Liquer, lemon juice, brown sugar simple syrup and chamomile citron. A few sips of this hot toddy had me feeling warm and fuzzy!
I was definitely tipsy as I left the Tipsy Tea Party and, as I Ubered away, I labeled this fun-filled afternoon a smashing success (pun intended!)
If you are interested in getting in on this par-tea, it is $40 per person and includes one of every dish on the prix-fixe menu, a choice of cocktail to be served in a teapot and a finale of sweets.
Reservations are highly recommended and can be made on ArtizenAZ.com or by calling 602-522-6655.
- She Said: Cocktail Society promising start to Scottsdale Culinary Festival
- She Said: Oak & Fork offers wine bar feel inside Ak-Chin Casino
- He Said: Devour Phoenix’s first year at Desert Botanical Garden a success
- I’ll take two: Burger Battle returning to Scottsdale later this month
- He Said: Camp Social the perfect place to get a warm meal on chilly nights
- He Said: Biltmore Bobby-Q offers cool, light summer options
- Celebrate International Sushi Day at the best Phoenix-area sushi spots
- She Said: Gadzooks isn't just for lunch and dinner, they have breakfast, too
- She Said: Where to go to celebrate Kentucky Derby, Cinco de Mayo
- She Said: Chef Wade's food truck takes mac 'n' cheese to another level