Phoenix police looking for armed robbery, fatal beating suspects
A couple of shoplifters became armed robbers with the swipe of a box cutter.
“We don’t want them to do this again,” Phoenix Police Sgt. Jamie Rothschild said. “They’ve already proven that they are not afraid to use violence.”
On Tuesday, Sept. 5, 2017, just after 6:30 p.m., a man and woman entered the Safeway near Seventh Avenue and Osborn Road.
“They began to pick out and conceal a bunch of items,” Rothschild said.
That caught the attention of a store employee who stopped them at the door as they tried to leave. The male suspect then pulled out a box cutter and slashed the employee before he and his partner fled the store.
The employee will be OK.
Next, a brutal attack outside a convenience store at 19th and Glendale avenues. Rothschild said it was early on the morning of June 29, 2017.
“This was about 4 o’clock in the morning and our suspect goes into the store and gets a drink of water.”
When the suspect came outside, he poured the cup of water on a man who was sleeping near the store. He then began beating and kicking him.
The victim died of his injuries.
- Police searching for suspects in Phoenix gas station, store robberies
- Police looking for third suspect in Chandler shooting
- Phoenix police looking for armed robbery, murder suspects
- Police searching for suspects in man’s death [RE-BROADCAST OF 1/14/2013]
- Phoenix police searching for suspects in two robberies