Main Street Minute: State library picks up grant to digitize newspapers
• The Arizona State Library recently received a $279,000 grant from the National Endowment for the Humanities to continue digitizing historic newspaper collections. The grant adds 100,000 pages to bring the total online newspaper collection to nearly half a million pages.
• Weight Watchers is just about ready to open a 1,700-square-foot facility in the East Valley. The Phoenix Business Journal reports the popular weight-loss company will open the site near Alma School and Chandler Heights Road in Chandler on Oct. 1.
• Ridesharer Lyft has teamed up with the Phoenix Suns to offer fans a transportation option for the 2017-18 season. New and existing users can use a designated company code to get discount off their ride to the downtown arena.
- More people opting to use ride-sharing services over ambulances
- Dave Ramsey says: Layoff insurance is a gimmick to avoid
- Tempe’s Innings Festival set to begin this weekend
- Historic Castle Hot Springs Resort will be revived in Arizona
- Lyft, Maricopa County partner to bring people home safe this St. Patrick’s Day