Second trailer out for ‘Only the Brave,’ Granite Mountain Hotshots film
PHOENIX — People headed to the movies this weekend will likely get a look at a new trailer for “Only the Brave,” the film about the Granite Mountain Hotshots.
Or they could just watch it here.
The trailer hit the internet earlier this week and was shorter than the first one released in July.
Whereas the first set the stage for a movie that will tell a tragic tale, the second played up a more personal side of the elite firefighters, especially their dedication to their jobs.
It also showed off the film’s cinematography by incorporating a lot of broad shots of the firefighters working to stop a big blaze.
Last week, a behind-the-scenes look into the film was released. In it, several of the actors and director Joseph Kosinski spoke about why it was important to make a movie about the 19 men who died fighting the Yarnell Hill Fire in 2013.
“It’s a tribute to them and a story of real heroes — you know, actual flesh and blood — who do these extraordinary things,” actress Jennifer Connelly, who plays the wife of hotshot leader Eric Marsh, said.
Kosinski hired several former members of the Granite Mountain Hotshots and had the actors go through the actual training.
“Only the Brave” was scheduled to be released Oct. 20.
- Marvel Studios drops the second trailer for ‘Avengers: Infinity War’
- Intense third act struggles to save clunky hero tale ‘The 15:17 to Paris’
- ‘Black Panther’ scores mighty $25.2 million Thursday debut
- Arizona Senate bill would appropriate $7.8M to hotshot pension fund
- Al Pacino takes on Joe Paterno in an upcoming HBO movie