Grand Canyon trail ranked among best day hikes nationwide
PHOENIX — An Arizona hiking trail has been named among the best day hikes in the entire nation, according to Travel and Leisure.
The Bright Angel Trail to Plateau Point in the Grand Canyon is 10.7 miles there and back, but the trip is “exhausting but manageable” and “offers a stunning view of the canyon floor and the Colorado River,” the publication said.
Plateau Point is 3,000 feet down into the Grand Canyon, but the view is “quite different than anything you can see from the top.”
However, most hikers should not attempt to trek all the way to the bottom of the Grand Canyon and back in one day, according to the article.
- Families of Florence children exposed to tear gas file lawsuit against state
- US customs pulling airport officers, sending them to Arizona border
- Glendale estimates savings of $162.3M after light rail cancellation
- Ducey says Grand Canyon will stay open if government shuts down
- Tribe hikes prices for Havasupai camping permits amid viral fame