Neiman Marcus closing Last Call outlet at Tempe mall
PHOENIX — Luxury retailer Neiman Marcus announced it was closing the Last Call outlet store in Tempe, along with nine other stores across the country.
The Dallas-based chain said 241 jobs would be lost. The off-price store at Arizona Mills Mall is located in Neighborhood 3.
MarketWatch reported that about a quarter of the locations were shutting down to focus on the full-service sites.
The company has withstood seven straight quarters of falling sales.
Other stores closing were Philadelphia Premium; Potomac Mills in Woodbridge, Va.; Gurnee Mills in Illinois; Livermore Premium in California; Arundel Mills in Hanover, Md.; Philadelphia Mills; Great Lakes Crossing Outlets in Auburn Hills, Mich.; and Lenox Marketplace in Atlanta.
Store associates will be able to apply for other jobs within the Neiman Marcus Group, which includes Bergdorf Goodman.
There were no details when the stores would close.
- Main Street Minute: Big-name companies set to attend Phoenix job fair
- Book tells stories of retired numbers of Arizona high school athletes
- Brews and views: Thrillist names the Phoenix area’s best rooftop bars
- New book explores retired numbers of Arizona high school athletes
- Target is raising minimum hourly wage to $15 by end of 2020