Arizona school teacher pleads guilty to sex with a student
GOODYEAR, Ariz. — An Arizona elementary school teacher accused of sexual conduct with a 17-year-old girl who’s a foreign exchange student from Sweden has changed his plea to guilty.
Maricopa County Superior Court officials say 36-year-old Joshua Schroder pleaded guilty Tuesday to two counts of sexual conduct with a minor.
Sentencing is scheduled for Oct. 12.
Goodyear police arrested Schroder in February on suspicion of nine counts of sexual conduct with a minor and two counts of contributing to the delinquency of a minor.
Schroder teaches at Rainbow Valley Elementary School and is the coordinator of a foreign exchange student program. He’s been teaching fourth grade for the past decade.
The girl allegedly exchanged more than 600 text messages with Schroder in the span of a month before the relationship allegedly turned sexual.
- Ottawa University to build $6M athletic center on its Surprise campus
- Main Street Minute: Phoenix data center operations sells for $1 billion
- Most drinking water sources in Arizona public schools have no lead
- Ballet Arizona’s ‘The Nutcracker’ considered among best in nation
- Kids who are stubborn with food may be more than just ‘picky eaters’