Arizona school teacher pleads guilty to sex with a student
GOODYEAR, Ariz. — An Arizona elementary school teacher accused of sexual conduct with a 17-year-old girl who’s a foreign exchange student from Sweden has changed his plea to guilty.
Maricopa County Superior Court officials say 36-year-old Joshua Schroder pleaded guilty Tuesday to two counts of sexual conduct with a minor.
Sentencing is scheduled for Oct. 12.
Goodyear police arrested Schroder in February on suspicion of nine counts of sexual conduct with a minor and two counts of contributing to the delinquency of a minor.
Schroder teaches at Rainbow Valley Elementary School and is the coordinator of a foreign exchange student program. He’s been teaching fourth grade for the past decade.
The girl allegedly exchanged more than 600 text messages with Schroder in the span of a month before the relationship allegedly turned sexual.
- Phoenix Sky Harbor ties for third-best ‘mega airport’ satisfaction rating
- Scientists: Desert turtle earns endangered status, 100 left in Arizona
- Georgia man is accused of harassing a judge in Phoenix
- Alarm causes flights headed to Phoenix Sky Harbor Airport to be diverted
- I-10 to be narrowed to one lane for nearly a week near Chandler