Main Street Minute: Lyft expands services across Arizona
KTAR’s Main Street Minute focuses on local businesses that are hiring, opening and hosting events across the community. These stories air each weekday on KTAR at 7:27 a.m.
• Popular ride-sharing service Lyft has expanded in Arizona to cities and towns including Kingman, Payson, Tombstone and Bisbee. The company said it now provides full coverage in Arizona and 39 other states.
• Phoenix-based U-Haul recently unveiled Truck Share 24/7, which offers self-pick-up and self-return of trucks and vans at all hours. All that’s needed is an internet-connected mobile device with a camera and GPS.
• Teletech’s four-day hiring fest begins Tuesday in Phoenix. The customer experience company needs licensed insurance agents as well as bilingual customer service representatives and Hurricane Harvey relief support representatives. The hiring event runs through Friday from 9 a.m. until 3 p.m. near Interstate 17 and Bell Road.
• Papa John’s is donating $1 for each order it receives Tuesday to the Red Cross to help the victims of Hurricane Harvest in Texas. The offer is good throughout the Phoenix area.
- More people opting to use ride-sharing services over ambulances
- Dave Ramsey says: Layoff insurance is a gimmick to avoid
- Tempe’s Innings Festival set to begin this weekend
- Historic Castle Hot Springs Resort will be revived in Arizona
- Lyft, Maricopa County partner to bring people home safe this St. Patrick’s Day