Main Street Minute: Mexican food chain to donate to Harvey relief
KTAR’s Main Street Minute focuses on local businesses that are hiring, opening and hosting events across the community. These stories air each weekday on KTAR at 7:27 a.m.
• Abuelo’s Mexican food restaurants in the Valley and nationwide will donate 10 percent of Thursday’s proceeds to victims of Hurricane Harvey. The chain has locations in Chandler and Peoria.
• Network with thousands of entrepreneurs and business owners Thursday in downtown Phoenix. The Small Business Expo begins at 9 a.m. at the Convention Center. The event will include more than 20 free workshops and an opportunity to meet with vendors.
• Discount Cab is holding a hiring event Thursday in Glendale from 10 a.m. until 2 p.m. The cab company is also serving up free lunch at the site near 43rd Avenue and Camelback Road.
- Main Street Minute: Free golf for girls clinic set for Phoenix course
- Campus museum honors Colangelo, ‘godfather’ of Phoenix pro sports
- Main Street Minute: State library picks up grant to digitize newspapers
- ATM turns 50, forever changes consumer behavior
- Main Street Minute: Chompie’s Deli to offer holiday bread at Costco