University of Arizona ranked among the most fun colleges in the nation
PHOENIX — One Arizona university recently ranked among the most “fun” colleges in the nation — and it may not be what you thought.
University of Arizona — yup, you read that right — was recently named the sixth most fun college in the entire country, according to RaveReviews.com, dwarfing Arizona State University, which ranked at No. 31.
The university’s high ranking came in part from the “ample options on-campus and off” that student life in Tucson, Arizona, offers.
“UofA has a solid recreation center with state of the art equipment, diverse league play and interesting class offerings. It also offers excursions for students who want to explore the National Parks and surrounding desert landscape through its Outdoor Adventure Program,” the website wrote.
“On campus highlights are UofA’s active Greek life, social outreach programs and plenty of niche student organizations keep students plugged into Wildcat culture,” it continued.
UofA was given a 4.75 “party” ranking out of five, a four out of five “town” ranking and perfect scores for both outdoor and recreation.
In comparison, ASU was given a 4.5 “party” rank, a 2.5 outdoor ranking, a 3.5 town ranking and a mere 2 points for recreation.
- Family launches fundraiser to bring home UA student paralyzed in Spain
- UA nursing school gets $2.5 million grant to help cancer survivors
- Presidents of ASU, NAU and UA get healthy pay raises
- UofA project to increase mental health professionals in rural Arizona
- Arizona arts groups awarded $1.2 million in federal grants