Main Street Minute: Phoenix tech firm buys manufacturing company
KTAR’s Main Street Minute focuses on local businesses that are hiring, opening and hosting events across the community. These stories air each weekday on KTAR at 7:27 a.m.
• Phoenix-based technology distributing giant Avnet has acquired manufacturing company Dragon Innovation. Terms of the deal for the Massachusetts product maker were not disclosed. Avnet has 15,000 employees around the world.
• The city of Glendale recently won two awards at the Arizona Parks and Recreation Association’s 67th annual conference. Mayor Jerry Weiers was named outstanding elected official. The city’s community centers picked up the other prize for outstanding program for youth enrichment. Other winners included Peoria for its cultural awareness program, Fountain Hills for a sports program and Chandler for a leadership educational program.
- Scottsdale racer survives 344 mph motorcycle crash during record try
- Phoenix hopes to score touchdown with another Super Bowl push
- Glendale officer released from hospital after being shot, injured
- Historic Castle Hot Springs Resort will be revived in Arizona
- Phoenix not among cities bidding on 2026 FIFA World Cup